Welcome to the City of Wanda's Domain, an imaginary city that I have created
and brought to life using art and writing. Look around and enjoy!

There are more pictures and maps down at the very bottom and in the archives!

What Wenda's listening to...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

About the name...

This project has evolved organically in my imagination, so a lot of the names of places featured here may not seem to make a whole lot of sense because they were chosen for their personal meaning.  If one has a story behind it, however, I'll explain, and I'll start with "Wanda's Domain."

I never really chose this name consciously--it just came to me and stuck, and try as I might, I haven't wanted to get rid of it.  

Who is Wanda?  (Note that it's not Wenda, so it's not my egotistical bid for immortalization ;-)  No--Wanda was my pet guinea pig when I was ten years old--just as this city was born.

The namesake enjoying his midday snack :-)  Yes, his.  The pet store can have, ahem, trouble, telling the sexes apart when they're young.  I tried to change his name after finding out, but, like with the city, it stuck.

I love guinea pigs.  They make great pets, and they're just so darn cute!  I've had ten of them, and most got towns named after them...

1 comment:

  1. Wenda! You certainly picked a cute guinea pig as your poster-pig! He seems to be saying, "What?? I'm just trying to eat my parsley, do you mind? How would you like it if I took a picture of you while YOU were eating?"

    I LOVE your blog so far--keep going!

    ReplyDelete